Thursday, December 11, 2014

Rochelle Jordan - Lowkey



Toronto songstress Rochelle Jordan has been on my radar for awhile now;first catching my attention with songs like #Shot. Her single "Lowkey" off of her latest project #1021(available now) is a track I instantly connected with. Her producer KLSH provides an eery,lush backdrop,while Rochelle sings about having feelings for a friend. Her sweet vocals,and 90's style arrangements have often drawn comparison to the late Aaliyah(who's one of my fav artists). I love the fact that her lyrics are so relatable and she doesn't deviate too much from her original sound,while not being redundant. I have listened to this song over and over for months and still feel excitement every time I hear it. If you weren't hip to Ms.Jordan before,definitely don't fall behind and catch up on her music. 





No comments:

Post a Comment