Monday, May 18, 2015

Mila J & BC Kingdom - D+G



R&B singer/dancer Mila J has been pretty quiet since making waves with her debut EP M.I.L.A, but she's back with a new record called "D+G" accompanied by the Inglewood duo, BC Kingdom. The three artists sing the entire song together with a light, breathy vocal, complimenting the moody nature of the track. This is a complete 180 to the mainstream uptempo tracks you'd expect from Mila, unless you're a fan of her earlier work where this sound was present. When I hear it, I automatically think of rain and the emotional state you get into when you're lonely, but it's not depressing at all. If this is the new direction she's going in, I'm here for it...and I'm very curious to find out more about Saint Heron's (Solange's label) BC Kingdom. Fill your heart with Diamonds and Gold below.



No comments:

Post a Comment