Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Kyndall - Still Down EP



I'm already obsessed with this girl! A few days ago I posted Kyndall's video #PlayingGames and today I bring you her debut EP, "Still Down". The Atlantic Records singer fuses her Houston roots throughout the project, while covering a variety of feelings involving the opposite sex. On #CallAway, she leaves a voicemail letting her dude know that whenever he needs her, just pick up the phone. #Bullet, the most vulnerable track, gives you a somber feel, which can be credited to the love-stricken lyrics. #StillDown and #AllMine are really cute, midtempo R&B records that remind me of Ciara's debut album. Standouts for me though would have to be the thumping lead single #PlayingGames and the 90's inspired #CloseToMe (my absolute fav song and she shot a video coming soon!). Her tone and approach a lot of times reminds me of a young Beyonce, which isn't a bad thing at all. Kyndall won me over with this project and if it's any indication of what her album will sound like, I'm sold! Hear El DeBarge's daughter get real southern below. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see and hear from a younger DeBarge, huge fan of her dad, and a fan of Debarge the group.

    ReplyDelete