Friday, February 13, 2015

Devon Baldwin - Confession



Bay Area singer Devon Baldwin really surprised me. When I first saw her, I assumed she made indie-pop music or something along those lines, which is absolutely not the case. She actually creates really beautiful,whimsical R&B (a la Drake) and I'm here for every second of it. Initially I came across her song #Blame which is dope, but it was the newly released, JMSN produced "Confession" that had me sold. In a crystal clear falsetto, Devon keeps it 100 about her feelings  posing the question, Could you hold me tight and say it's just this one time only?  "Confession" is a combination of sounds incorporating a staccato hook, lush harmonies, and an almost soca-like undertone ( I know sounds weird,but it's poppin'! lol). This girl has the looks, voice, lyrics, and an unique sound that'll for sure have her on the tip of everyone's tongue. Hear Devon Baldwin serve the real below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment